One of the best things I ever bought for use in my kitchen was a set of white ramekins. I love the white because it really makes the colors of the food pop and they go with anything.
There is something about serving food in individual containers that makes it extra special.
One of my go to meals in the fall and wintertime is personal pot pies made in these little dishes. I can get them on the table in about 20 minutes. They are warm, comforting and inexpensive.
By the way, if you think you hate pot pie because your mom made you eat those frozen Banquet pies in the red box when you were a kid, why don’t we soothe our childhood scars together and give this recipe a try? I promise these are not the same as those putrid 89 cent things in the red box!
Are you ready?
We’ll take this real slow.
Personal Pot Pies
Prep 5 minutes, Cook 15 minutes
You will need:
1 can Campbell’s Chunky Chicken and Dumplings soup (You can use beef sirloin in you prefer a beef flavored pie)
1 pouch instant mashed potatoes
1 ready made pie crust
a cookie sheet and some foil
1. Pre heat the oven to the temperature listed on the box for the pie crust you are using because you want the crust to cook properly.
2. Prepare the mashed potatoes according to the package directions.
3. Line a cookie sheet with foil and place four ramekins on it.
4. Fill each of the ramekins with 1/4 of the mashed potatoes
5. Open the soup and fill each ramekin with 1/4 of the can of soup. They will be filled pretty close to the top.
6. Open the pie crust and lay it flat on your countertop. Slice it into fourths and slice some venting slits in the middle of each fourth of crust like so:
7. Lay the each quarter of the crust onto each dish. No need to cut of the excess! It will brown, crisp up, and be very tasty.
8. Bake the pies for 15 minutes or just until the crust is brown. The juices should be bubbling out of the little vents you cut.
These little creations will be piping hot when they come out, so it is best to let them stand for at least five minutes before serving.
When you plunge your spoon into this golden crust you will discover that there is life after Banquet pot pies from the local I.G.A.
Don’t you feel like you’ve been through a great therapy session and have had a serious breakthrough? I know I do.
I’m glad we could share in this moment together.
Place this next to a crunchy Caesar salad to round out your meal.